Tabloid Sports Day

I asked Paige Fairless and Regan Coutts, the Year 9 House representatives of the winning house, Kowhai, to write about Tabloid Sports Day 2017.

Tabloids is a great way for all classes to bond. There are four houses, Matai, Totara, Rimu and Kowhai.  We are a part of the Kowhai house alongside 9MW and overall it was a super fun day keeping everyone active and giving new things a go. We have a few year ten friends and senior students that have told us that Kowhai is the house that ‘doesn’t win anything’ and ALWAYS loses but this year we had the confidence and the guts to turn it all around and hopefully pull off a win which we did with the support from the teachers in Kowhai and our house rep, Matt Bain. We think our form class (9SY) and 9MW worked really well together and kept our spirits up during the whole day. We ran, jumped, threw, passed, defended and like we said before had a pretty fun day. We asked a few fellow students in year nine and this is what they had to say and their opinion about tabloids 2017.

Geo Shamon 9SY: “Nice new experience, I liked how the houses came together and competed, overall it was a fun day and I’m pretty excited for next year’s tabloids! Long live Kowhai!"

John Toala 9SY: “I like how we won”

Georgia Lincoln 9MW: “I found it cool how we got to chant with our group and how we got to know more people from our year group and I enjoyed playing the different games using different skills.”

Scotty White 9MW: “It was good, I liked dressing up in the costumes and having a run around with the boys in Kowhai.”

Grace McCaffley 9SY: “I loved everything! I liked being with my house and form class.”

Finale Shah 9MW: “I liked dressing up in our house colour and competing against other year groups, it was a super fun day.”

Baha Anas 9MW: “Pretty good day, made me feel athletic, liked dressing up in our house colours. Was lit!"


Click here to see more photos from Tabloids 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year 9 Form Class Representatives

Hospital Trip

End of Year 9 Video